[Python-3000] Did I miss anything?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 00:59:53 CEST 2006

> Are there other proto-PEPs being worked on? I would appreciate if the
> authors would send me a note (or reply here) with the URL and the
> status.

This is the Backwards Incompatibility PEP discussed earlier.  I've
submitted it for a PEP number, but haven't heard back yet:

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~bethard/py/pep_backwards_incompatible.txt
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~bethard/py/pep_backwards_incompatible.html

This is potentially a Python 2.6 PEP, but it has some optional
extensions for Python 3000 and may be relevant to the
adaptation/overloading/interfaces discussion.  It proposes a make
statement such that:
        <block>
would be translated into the assignment:
much in the same way that the class statement works.  I've posted it
to comp.lang.python and had generally positive feedback.  I've
submitted it for a PEP number, but I haven't heard back yet:

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~bethard/py/pep_make_statement.txt
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~bethard/py/pep_make_statement.html

Steve
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy