[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Apr 16 22:26:43 CEST 2006

Some of the coding projects I've recently been proposing as challenges
to certain wild feature proposals might make good topics for the
Google Summer of Code (see http://code.google.com/soc/ ).

We'd need someone to volunteer as a mentor, and a student to do the
work over the summer; the student would get $4500 and the mentor $500
(or a donation to the PSF worth that much).

(I can't volunteer to be a mentor myself; I already have a project I'd
like to mentor and an intern residing at Google.)