[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 17 21:20:44 CEST 2006

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:ca471dc20604162235w7b37ac26v34b5a5647688a27a at mail.gmail.com...
> The PSF (you) needs to create a page (in the wiki is fine) with
> instructions for mentors, and make sure that is linked to from the
> code.google.com/soc/ page as "(ideas)" after our name, just like the
> Perl foundation. The PSF (you; or I'll do it if you write some text
> for me) should also start advertising for mentors on python-dev,
> python-3000, and perhaps even on c.l.py.

The PyPy group also has a few prospective mentors, projects, and mentees.
On the presumption that PSF coordinating sponsership is not limited to
CPython only projects, I forwarded Neal's SoC py-dev post to their list.

Gmane.org mirrors at least 50 python-related mailing lists.  If, when the
wiki pages are done and mentor/project registration in place, you want an
announcement sent to such lists, sent me something and I will forward it to
any that seem appropriate.  (The only signup needed is to hit reply to 'Are
you a person and did you post?' messages.)

Terry Jan Reedy