[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 19 15:19:14 CEST 2006

[Neal asked me to post this nitpick in case someone else posts the
announcement]

On 4/19/06, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> This spring and summer, Google corporation will again provide several
> hundred stipends for students (18+, undergraduate thru PhD programs)
> to write new open-source code.  The main page is
> http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html.  At the bottom are links to
> StudentFAQ, MentorFAQ, and TermsOfService.  The first two have the
> timeline.  Note that student applications are due between May 1, 17:00
> PST through May 8, 17:00 PST.

Either s/between/from/ or s/through/and/

Python: because we care about language nitpicks  ;-)

Actually, looking at that, I have one more nitpick.  It's a Bad Idea IMO
to put a period immediately following an URL.  I would put the URL on its
own line with no punctuation.  Most e-mail clients can understand that,
and people using text e-mail clients can more easily copy/paste the URL.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"