[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Apr 29 08:47:21 CEST 2006

"Giovanni Bajo" <rasky at develer.com> wrote in message
news:01c301c66b1d$1f9d6470$8d472597 at bagio...
> There is simply no good enough solution for a GUI. There are far too many
> advanced different libraries with different wrappers.

>> The generic solution is better package fetching, such as apparently done
>> (I
>> have not used them yet) by setuptools and easy_install.
>
> Disagree. The mere existence of the stdlib improve consistency among
> Python
> programs.

The next two sentences made clear that the sentence quoted was in respect
to GUI libraries and the general problem of distributing an app that
requires a particular GUI library not in the standard lib.  I in no way
suggested getting rid of the standard lib.  Please don't distort what I
write so badly.

Terry Jan Reedy