[Python-3000] Google Sprint Ideas

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:51:40 CEST 2006

On 8/20/06, Osvaldo Santana <osantana at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > Excellent! I'm adding Brett to the CC's.
>
> Cool. Has Brett planned something to this rewrite?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  It's mostly planned to be a
re-implementation of the current behaviour in python.  Hopefully
various corner-cases will be cleaned up/documented and generally
smooth over some of the differences between importing a file from the
file system and a zip package.   I don't think he's started any of
this yet, beyond looking at the PyPy implementation.

It helps him in his work to sandbox Python.  Also, various
optimizations or playing with different semantics become much easier
if import is implemented in python.