[Python-3000] Google Sprint Ideas

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:52:56 CEST 2006

> I've created a wiki page with some ideas for Python 3000 things we
> could do at the Google sprint (starting Monday). See:
>
>   http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleSprintPy3k

I notice that one of the items on there is "Work on the new I/O
library (I have much interest in this but need help -- Guido)". I also
have an interest in this, although I won't be at the sprint (and in
general have very little time for coding these days, unfortunately).

Is there any description of the plans for the new  I/O library
anywhere? I assume that ultimately there will be a PEP, but in the
meantime, I recall very little in the way of details having been
discussed.

Paul.