[Python-3000] Making more effective use of slice objects in Py3k

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Aug 29 19:44:27 CEST 2006

Josiah Carlson wrote:

>> when did you last write an XML parser ?
>
> Comparing what I have written as an XML parser to xml.dom, xml.sax,
> ElementTree, or others, is a bit like comparing a go-kart with an
> automobile.  That is to say, it's been a few years, and it was to
> scratch an itch for a particular application, and no other xml parser
> existed at the time for my particular applicaion, that I knew of.
>
> Presumably by your question, you think that the particular example I've
> offered is bollocks.

not necessarily, but there are lots of issues involved when doing
high-performance XML stuff, and I'm not sure views would help quite as
much as one might think.

(writing and tuning cET was a great way to learn that not everything
that you think you know about C performance applies to C code running
inside the Python interpreter...)

</F>