[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue May 2 02:33:11 CEST 2006

Skip writes:
> This discussion is interesting, but runs the risk of getting a bit too
> detailed for this list.  Maybe the gui-sig should be reactivated (with a
> stated goal of converging on a more Pythonic GUI for Py3k) or a pygui
> mailing list hosted on mail.python.org.

I think a PyGUI mailing list would be a good thing, Skip.  And a
bug-tracker.  And a CVS repository.

I disagree, though, about this discussion being too detailed for this
list.  This is exactly the kind of discussion we need on this list --
what are we going to do to fix the biggest outstanding problem with
Python 2?  Discussions about what to name specific properties might be
more appropriate elsewhere -- seems like python-dev likes those kinds
of discussions :-).

Bill