[Python-3000] stdlib reorganization

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:39:47 CEST 2006

[Steven Bethard]
> I think that having a package level that exactly matches the divisions
> in the Library Reference (http://docs.python.org/lib/lib.html) would
> be great.

[Jim Jewett]
> Are there any *dis*agreements with this?

[Terry Reedy]
> It is certainly a good starting point.  However, it is possible that that
> the docs might be a adjusted to put the two in sync.

Yep, that's what I was aiming at.  In particular, I think the docs
reorg could all be done in the Python 2.X series.  Then when Python
3000 rolls around, even if people don't know the package names, they
should be able to figure them out pretty quick since they'll match the
library documentation everyone's already used to.

(It appears I accidentally sent the last email to Python Dev, so
clearly I've already borrowed the time machine to propose this for
Python 2.X)  ;-)

STeVe
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy