[Python-3000] Mini Path object

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 9 00:20:26 CET 2006

Mike Orr wrote:

> What do we do with Path.cwd() then?  It also violates the
> path-algrebra-only logic. We can put it on FSPath, but then
 > it's the only FSPath method that returns a Path

I don't see why it should be a problem for an FSPath
method to return a Path.

> Where do we put the .expand*() methods if not on Path?

This case might be excusable, since it can require
platform-specific knowledge of the path format.

> Is there an actual case where calling normpath() would change which
> file the path referred to?

If the path crosses a symbolic link to a directory,
then .. no longer means what it appears to mean
from just looking at the path.

--
Greg