[Python-3000] Special methods and interface-based type system

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 23 08:59:39 CET 2006

Talin wrote:

>> brushing off a carefully thought out design and the process that led
>> up to it with "it's just like picking between two random colors" is a
>> pretty direct way of saying that you consider yourself so much smarter
>> than the people involved that you don't even care about what they're doing.
>
> That's not what he said though. If you go back and read his original
> posting, he was commenting on the quality of *most arguments* about HCI,
> not HCI itself, or all HCI-related discussions.

same thing.  he didn't get the argument, therefore it didn't have
the right quality, and therefore it's not very important, and both
the argument and the person making it can be ignored.  it's a circular
argument.  and the only way to snap out of it is to start asking
yourself "I don't get his argument, but he definitely has a track
record; maybe that guy knows something that I don't".

</F>