[Python-3000] Removing email package until it's fixed

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 27 18:32:51 CEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>
>> -0 on the idea of making "batteries included" include PyPI packages.
>> Anything part of "batteries included" IMO should just be part of the
>> standard install.
>
> I think you misunderstand the proposal.  The "batteries" would be
> included as part of the final Python release.  From the end user's
> point of view there would be no change from the current model.  The
> difference would be from the Python developer's point of view.  Some
> libraries would no longer be part of SVN checkout and you would have
> to run a script to pull them into your source tree.

Given how little dev I do, I'm not entitled to an opinion, but given the
number of messages I see to the mailing lists that end up as being
checkout synch problems, I see this as a recipe for trouble, particularly
for regression testing.

Because this is just an infrastructure/procedure change to the dev
process, it should be easy enough to revert if it proves problematic, so
I remove my -0.

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra