[Python-3000] buildbots

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 29 22:08:12 CEST 2007

> If I insert these statements into Modules\posixmodule.c:
>
> 	_CrtSetReportMode(_CRT_WARN, _CRTDBG_MODE_FILE);
> 	_CrtSetReportFile(_CRT_WARN, _CRTDBG_FILE_STDERR);
> 	_CrtSetReportMode(_CRT_ERROR, _CRTDBG_MODE_FILE);
> 	_CrtSetReportFile(_CRT_ERROR, _CRTDBG_FILE_STDERR);
> 	_CrtSetReportMode(_CRT_ASSERT, _CRTDBG_MODE_FILE);
> 	_CrtSetReportFile(_CRT_ASSERT, _CRTDBG_FILE_STDERR);
>
> 	_set_error_mode(_OUT_TO_STDERR);
>
> and recompile and test then the dialog box looks like this:

Do you get an output to stderr before that next dialog box?

>   Die Anweisung in "0x10..." verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000000".  Der Vorgang
>   "read" konnte nicht im Speciher durchgeführt werden.
>
>   Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das programm zu beenden.
>   Klicken Sie auf "Abbrechen", um das programm zu debuggen.

That is not from the C library, but from the operating system.
Apparently, the CRT continues after giving out the assertion
failure. To work around that, it would be possible to install
a report hook (using _CrtSetReportHook(2)). This hook would
output the error message, and then TerminateProcess.

> These messageboxes of course hang the tests on the windows build servers,
> so probably it would be good if they could be disabled completely.

I think this will be very difficult to achieve.

Regards,
Martin