[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Guillaume Proux gproux at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:46:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 5/15/07, Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at uci.edu> wrote:
> and comment their code ;).  It would be nice to be able to find more
> examples in Java.

I believe that a lot of people do not know that you can use most
Unicode characters in Java identifiers. I did not know myself until
this discussion. Furthermore, to find some examples of those, you
would have to find in the native language of each speaker.

> I guess the question is whether the potential for community
> fragmentation is worth trying to handle a (seemingly much) smaller set
> of use-cases than is (already arguably sufficiently) handled with ascii
> identifiers.

Which fragmentation? People who can write ascii-restricted Python will
not go away and form their own little sect. One of the big issue of
this debate here in English is that the people who have a real stake
(the one who do not master English) cannot join in the discussion. I
was trying to let you know of my experience with native Japanese
speaker that have no or little English capability but people do not
want to listen.

Regards,

Guillaume