[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Fri May 25 17:37:36 CEST 2007

On 5/25/07, Guillaume Proux <gproux+py3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you look at the typical use case for programs written in python
> (usually also in rough order of experience)
> A) directly in interpreter (i love that)
> B) small-ish one-off scripts
> C) middle size scripts
> D) multi-module programs made by a single person
> E) large-ish programs made by a group of people

You're missing "here is this neat code from sourceforge", or "Here is
something I cut-and-pasted from ASPN".  If those use something outside
of ASCII, that's fine -- so long as they tell you about it.

If you didn't realize it was using non-ASCII (or even that it could),
and the author didn't warn you -- then that is an appropriate time for
the interpreter to warn you that things aren't as you expect.

-jJ