[Python-3000] Python 3.0a2 release

Boris Borcic bborcic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:45:37 CET 2007

Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> I would not hold up a compiler decision based on the mingw project.
> Always use the latest MS compiler released at the time for a x.0 build
> of any python.  Doing otherwise costs the world a fortune in lost
> performance (higher power consumption via lower efficiency code).  mingw
> will undoubtedly catch up on its own.

FWIW back in march Giovanni Bajo said on mingw-users that GCC-4.x optimized his
code base better than MSVC; that was in

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/21964/

Now there has been an official "technology preview" release of MingW gcc-4.2.1
sitting on MingW sourceforge download page since mid-summer.

Regards, BB