[Python-3000] Python 3.0a2 release

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Nov 22 21:11:04 CET 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> That's also an issue - releases typically occur under time pressure,
> trying to get everything done in a single day. If I prepare the
> instrument build in advance, how long can I continue to use the data
> before they get outdated?

Good point! I've chosen PGUpdate over PGOptimize. The update builds can
reuse profiling data even when some of the C code has changed. The
optimizer simple ignores profiling information of function that have
changed.

As long as the flow of the code doesn't change dramatically between the
last PGI run and the build of the PGO version it should be fine. I'm
using the word "should" here because I really don't know it. I don't
have much experience with PGO.

Christian