[Python-3000] Windows gui vs. console

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Feb 9 00:45:45 CET 2008

Daniel Stutzbach wrote:
>     Hmmm. So maybe what's needed is a *third* kind of exe that
>     gets launched when you double-click a .py file, that keeps
>     its console open after the script finishes?
>
> Picture command-line usage of python.  You're sitting at your prompt,
> and you run a python script.  It pops up a *new* window and you have to
> interact with that.

That's why I just suggested a *third* exe. It wouldn't be
used as the command line interpreter -- it would only get
launched by double-clicking a .py file in the gui.

The current behaviour of having the gui launch the normal
command line interpreter for .py files is almost useless,
because the window disappears before you can see the output.

--
Greg