[Python-3000] Windows, sys.argv and unicode

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sat Feb 16 17:32:43 CET 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:49:22 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Thanks for reminding us of this!
>
> Is there any chance that you can submit a patch (or even the beginnings
> of one) for this?

Sure, during next week. I'd appreciate if, meanwhile, a core developer
commented on my proposal at the C level, so that I don't write a totally
wrong patch to begin with. I'm not really familiar with CPython hacking.

> At the very least, can you add the issue to the tracker so we'll have a
> permanent reminder until it's resolved?

Done: issue 2128. I didn't find a way to mark it Windows-only in the
metadata (I guess there is not one).
--
Giovanni Bajo