[Python-3000] plistlib module and test

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:57:53 CET 2008

I remember seeing a change which moved the plistlib module from
Lib/plat-mac to Lib so all platforms can use it.  This change causes
*all* the builds fail because the test has several problems.  For
example, the test references functions/methods that don't exist (see
below).  Can someone fix this?

  File "/home/pybot/buildarea/3.0.klose-debian-ia64/build/Lib/test/test_plistlib.py",
line 140, in test_appleformatting
    pl = plistlib.readPlistFromBytes(TESTDATA)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'readPlistFromBytes'

  File "/home/pybot/buildarea/3.0.klose-debian-ia64/build/Lib/test/test_plistlib.py",
line 133, in test_bytes
    data = plistlib.writePlistToBytes(pl)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'writePlistToBytes'

There are 2 more errors I noticed.  Here's an example:
http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/ia64%20Ubuntu%203.0/builds/471/step-test/0