[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue May 6 18:42:20 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>  If you want it visible, make a visible symbolic link!

Note that the point is moot, since I'm going to accept Christian's
PEP, i.e. ~/.local, but this argument "you can make it visible
yourself" is bogus. The point of visibility (when it's brought up)
isn't that you *can* make it visible -- you can always do that with ls
-a or whatever Finder option. The point is that (in some people's
view) the results of an action should be left *in plain sight* so that
the user has clear evidence of what happened.

I'm fine in this case with the counterarguments though, so I'll be
accepting the PEP in a minute.