Zope Weekly News - Wed, 29 Dec 1999
Tue, 04 Jan 00 03:10:04 GMT
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting
events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the
Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the
* Amos Lattier <firstname.lastname@example.org> put out a call for FastCGI
problems. Amos is revisiting FastCGI support, so the more you
complain the better it will be.
* Paul Everitt <email@example.com> has alerted everyone to the
latest issue of Linux Magazine, which contains an article "Gold
Rush: Venture Capitalists Discover Linux". The article talks
about Digital Creations and Hadar Pedhazur at length.
* "htrd" posted an update to his NTUserFolder product. It
authenticates Zope users from NT user accounts. It only runs on
Windows NT. The latest release is 1.3.
* "phd" has updated mod_pcgi2 several times this week. mod_pcgi2
moves PGCI's calling code into Apache's process to eliminate the
so-called "fork tax". This makes requests more responsive. The
latest version is 0.1.2.
* "z113" contributed a How-To on adding your own DTML tags to the
* Art Hampton <firstname.lastname@example.org> started a discussion
presently underway about the relative merits of mod_pcgi2, vanilla
PCGI and FastCGI.
* Anthony Baxter <email@example.com> has made and released
some modifications to ZCatalog. He's soliciting comments in
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Python Language Home Page: http://www.python.org/
Python Quick Help Index: http://www.python.org/Help.html