Zope Weekly News - Wed, 12 Jan 2000
Fri, 21 Jan 00 10:12:31 GMT
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting
events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the
Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the
Suggestions for ZWN items are happily accepted. Please mail them
to <email@example.com>, put 'ZWN' somewhere in the subject and
remember to include URLs.
* Hadar Pedhazur <firstname.lastname@example.org> announced on the Zope
mailing list that Digital Creations and Zope will have a presence
at the Linux WorldExpo in February. This is thanks to Tucows.com
graciously sharing their booth.
* Andrew M. Kuchling <email@example.com> announced the
release of version 0.05 of the Oedipus package. Oedipus is a
Python package for creating and maintaining hierarchical trees of
Web links. A prototype Zope product is included in the package
that allows browsing through an Oedipus database.
* "tseaver" noticed an updated review of Zope by Linux Planet and
passed along the link. This is the review that appeared about two
weeks ago, with the same ultimate conclusions but with some
reporting errors corrected and the "Response from Digital
* "johanc" submitted "XMLRPC Client for Internet Explorer 5". It
has been released as a part of the Zope Internet Explorer project,
which aims to build a rich interface to Zope around Internet
* "rossl" updated the LDAPAdapter Product. This product allows you
to authenticate user against data stored on an LDAP server. The
current version is 0.95.
* "Bill" wrote a How-To, titled "Conditional SQL How-To available"
which describes how to construct a ZSQLMethod with a dynamic query.
* "anthony" has composed a very good How-To, "Choosing to store data
in SQL vs ZODB", which discusses the relative merits and drawbacks
of using Zope's native database and using an external SQL database
to store data.
* "gwachob" has contributed a beginner level How-To about DTML
scripting, "Making Folder Directory Listings". In it, he
describes the DTML needed to generate a dynamic list of certain
kinds of objects in a folder.
* Nico Grubert <firstname.lastname@example.org> is looking for ideas for fairly
substantial (20-40 pages) tutorials. Suggestions so far: News
site app with workflow, a shopping cart app, and methods for
handling file uploads.
* Steve Jibson <email@example.com> developed a large ZClass, and
then needed to change the ZClass's base classes. Not wanting to
have to rebuild his ZClass from scratch, he asked the list for
alternatives. Several are offered.
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Python Language Home Page: http://www.python.org/
Python Quick Help Index: http://www.python.org/Help.html