cx_Oracle 2.5a

Anthony Tuininga anthony@computronix.com
19 Aug 2002 10:22:02 -0600

What is cx_Oracle?

cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
exceptions.

Where do I get it?

http://computronix.com/utilities

What's new?

A problem was discovered with Oracle 9i when retrieving strings. It
seems that Oracle 9i uses the correct method for dynamic callback but
Oracle 8i will not work with the correct method so an #ifdef was added
to check for the existence of an Oracle 9i specific feature. Thanks to
Paul Denize for discovering this problem and working with me to get a
solution. I have provided Oracle 9i specific binaries for Windows and
Linux. DO NOT use the Oracle 8i specific binaries in Oracle 9i as they
will not work.

--
Anthony Tuininga
anthony@computronix.com