ANN: BayPIGgies mtg Wed 9/11 7:30pm

wesc@deirdre.org wesc@deirdre.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

BayPIGgies: Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group

Agenda:   Using a New MVC Architecture to Create a
	  Pythonic XML-based Web Application Framework
When:     September 11, 2002 @ 7:30pm
Where:    Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Speakers: Paul McGavin, Donovan Preston, Sam Penrose from InterSight

We will discuss how we are applying a new Python-based MVC
architecture to create an efficient, Pythonic web application
framework that separates presentation templates from the Python
source code with DOMTemplate. The framework componentizes behavior
into reusable objects with DOMWidgets and DOMHandlers.

After creating web applications in three separate Python frameworks
-- Webware for Python, Zope and Apache/Python cgi -- InterSight
decided to create its own MVC framework, based on some of the ideas
from IBM and Lutris Enhydra's Barracuda project, to power their
automated publishing applications. Their applications enable scalable
content: the ability to produce, from a single set of managed data
and images, many different marketing communication pieces: press-
ready Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress files, web pages, order sheets,
sample stickers, price tags and more.

We are actively seeking speakers for BayPIGgies, esp. October 9th!
If you would like to give a talk at one of our meetings (any Python-
related topic), please contact us!

more info including directions:    http://www.baypiggies.net

hope to see some of you on Wednesday!

-wesley

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, © 2001
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group (BayPIGgies)
    http://www.baypiggies.net

wesley.j.chun :: wesc at deirdre.org
cyberweb.consulting : henderson, nv : cyberweb at rocketmail.com
http://roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/