ANN: Installer 5b4
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:38:09 -0400
Announcing version 5b4 of Installer:
Changes in 5b4:
- recompile if .py file in a package is newer
- fix segfault on Linux / Unix if executable is on
- fix segfault / access violation on very long
- many other minor bug fixes
- works with .pyw files (or any file extension,
- add --strip option to run the executable and
shared libs through strip.
Unix (relying on volunteers)
tested with Python 1.5 to 2.2
What is it:
The Installer package is any easy way to deploy
Python apps to systems without Python installed
(or with incompatible Pythons installed).
Installer support single-file and single-directory
deployments. On Windows, Installer supports
COM, including in-process COM servers.
Release 5b4</A>Easy Python app deployment. (19-Sep-