[ANN] custom 0.6 released
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:13:09 +0000
custom is an e-commerce solution for small to medium-sized
businesses that provides:
- a customisable web front-end for customers and
Point-of-Sale staff to place orders
- for warehouse staff to manage stock
- for accountants and sales staff to manage and generate invoices
- for purchasing managers to keep track of suppliers and
[The rest of the README.txt can be found in the top-level directory,
it's getting a bit long i'd rather keep it short on this list so
you don't get bored! ]
Changes since last announcement:
- use of the python-htmltmpl package to split out site HTML format
from the content (very good system, htmltmpl).
- the move to frame-based pages caused a bit of chaos: very nice but
causes havoc with the fifty or so HTML links all needing their
own target frames to be specified ...
- new feature: Product Codes from suppliers can now also be stored
on a per-product basis.
WARNING: if updating from pre-0.5 to 0.6, you MUST make a backup
of your MySQL database and then run the db/update1.sql script
which will reformat your products into the new table format.