ANN: PyEnchant 0.9.0

Ryan Kelly ryan at
Sat Dec 4 15:07:07 CET 2004

Hi All,

I've just released my work on producing Python bindings for
the Enchant spellchecker wrapper library.

Enchant ( is the spellchecking
package behind the AbiWord word processor, is being considered for
inclusion in the KDE office suite, and is proposed as a standard.  It's completely cross-platform because
it wraps the native spellchecking engine to provide a uniform

PyEnchant brings this simple, powerful and flexible spellchecking
engine to Python:

Current Version: 0.9.0
Licence:  LGPL with exemptions, as per Enchant itself

Ryan Kelly
ryan at