Snurf 0.2

Mark Rowe snurf-website at bdash.net.nz
Fri Dec 10 05:35:48 CET 2004

I am pleased to announce Snurf 0.2, the first released version of my
Python-based blogging system. It differs from many similar systems in
that it uses the file-system for data storage, and generates static
HTML files which are then served by a standard web-server.

Features
--------
Snurf sports support for the `Movable Type`_ XML->RPC interface that is
commonly used by blogging clients to create and edit posts.  Thanks to
a contribution to a contribution from `David Creemer`_ it also supports
the MetaWeblog interface used to upload images and other media content.

By leveraging the power of the `Cheetah templating library_` it is
incredibly simple to radically change the look and feel of Snurf's
output.  The default template, as seen on the `Snurf website`_, is
intelligently structured so that the look of the website can be changed
entirely through CSS.

Download
--------
Snurf 0.2 is available for `download`_.  Installation instructions are
provided in the included `README.txt`_.

.. _Movable Type: http://www.movabletype.org
.. _David Creemer: http://www.zachary.com/blog/
.. _Cheetah templating library: http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/