[ANN] approx - Python CGI Proxy, ConfigObj Update, Guestbook Update etc

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Fri Jul 9 16:05:20 CEST 2004

There have been various updates to the Voidspace Python Utils.
Available from :

*NEW* approx.py Version 1.0.0
Python CGI-proxy.
A CGI-proxy for browsing the web in a restricted or censored
environment. Will remotely fetch the pages for you. Similar in concept
to the jmarshall perl proxy - though nothing like as fully featured yet.
Trial version online to test. Modifies urls in the page so that images,
stylesheets etc are also fetched through the proxy. Doesn't yet handle
forms very well but functioning amd can handle authentication. Will use
the ClientCookie module for cookie handling if it's available
(authentication without cookie handling is generally useless).

*NEW* listquote module Version 1.0.0
This module contains a set of functions for parsing values from text
files and writing them back out again. It replaces the lineparse and
csv_s modules. If you want a dead simple, bog-standard CSV module you
could do worse than this one.. The function to read in lists is used by
ConfigObj and has lots of functionality without being complicated.
It will :

    * Appropriately quote and unquote individual elements
    * Read in lists, including nested lists
          o Comma seperated
          o Between '[..]'
          o Between '(...)'
    * Straightforwardly read CSV files
    * Straightforwardly write CSV files

*UPDATE* ConfigObj Version 3.10
This now uses the listquote module for reading in keywords with lists of
values. Much more flexible.

*UPDATE* guestbook Version 1.1.0
This can now email the guestbook owner when a new entry is made.

Also updates/bugfixes to the orderedDict module and FSDM filestruct
module (used by DirWatcher).

Licensing
I'm in the process of 'relicensing' all my code available on this page.
I still retain full copyright - but you are free to use, modify and
relicense the code. This is effective immediately but it will take a
while to update the text in all of my modules.

Regards,

Fuzzyman

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk