py2exe 0.5.2 released
theller at python.net
Fri Jul 9 21:25:09 CEST 2004
**py2exe 0.5.2** released
py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts
into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a
python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, windows
NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
This is a bugfix release.
* Print a message explaining what's going on whan a service
exe is started from the command line.
* py2exe did build invalid version resources, they didn't show up
correctly on Win98 at least. Patch by Roger Upole.
* Fix a buffer overflow in the C code. Patch by Ralf Sieger, closes
bug item #893310
* py2exe now (again) has a builtin list of dlls which should never be
* Patch sys.winver in the distributed pythonXY.dll, so that there is
no possibility of conflicts with existing distributions and the
registry keys found there. Patch by Mark Hammond.
* Fix several problems when an exception in a 'windows' exe occurs.
* Include a workaround for unbounded recursion in modulefinder when
Jason Jorendorff's path module is installed
See also http://python.org/sf/876278
* Fix problems when package_dir is set in the setup script,
* py2exe can now be built from the sources with mingw32
* py2exe does now handle precompile .pyo and .pyc files (patch by
* Fix a problem when the exe's directory contains single quotes
* Register service dependencies when installing a service
* Return an exit code of 255 from the exe when there's an uncatched
exception running the main script.
* Print a warning instead of failing to build with weird version numbers.
Suggested by Cory Dodt.
Download from the usual location:
More information about the Python-announce-list