ANN: ActivePython 2.4b1 is available

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Thu Oct 21 01:44:28 CEST 2004

We are pleased to announce that ActivePython 2.4b1 is now available
from:

     http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/ActivePython

This is a beta release matching the recently tagged core Python 2.4b1.
Builds for Windows, Linux and Solaris are available.

We would welcome any and all feedback to:
     ActivePython-feedback at ActiveState.com
Please file bugs against ActivePython at:
     http://bugs.ActiveState.com/ActivePython

What is ActivePython?
---------------------

ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary build of Python.
Builds for Windows, Linux and Solaris and made freely available.

In addition to the Python core, ActivePython includes commonly used
external modules such as expat for XML processing, zlib and bzip2 for
data compression, the bsddb database library, Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 (with Tix);
the PyWin32 suite of Windows tools developed by Mark Hammond, including
the Pythonwin IDE, bindings to the Win32 API and Windows COM; and more.

ActivePython also includes a wealth of Python documentation, including:
- the core Python docs;
- Andrew Kuchling's "What's New in Python" series;
- the Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python;
- Mark Pilgrim's excellent "Dive into Python"; and
- a snapshot of the Python FAQs, HOWTOs and PEPs.

An online version of the docs can be found here:
     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/welcome.html

Thanks, and enjoy!

Trent

--