ANN: urwid 0.8.0 curses-based UI/widget library - First Public
ian at excess.org
Mon Oct 25 00:20:19 CEST 2004
urwid 0.8.0 - First Public Release
Urwid is a curses-based UI/widget library. It includes many features useful
for console application developers, including:
- Fluid interface resizing (xterm window resizing / fbset on Linux console)
- Multiple text alignment and wrapping modes built-in
- Ability to register user-defined text alignment and wrapping modes
- Simple markup for setting text attributes
- Powerful list box that handles scrolling between different widget types
- List box contents may be managed with a user-defined class
- Flexible edit box for editing almost any type of text
- Plain HTML screen shots
A list box showing the built-in widget types and modes.
A Fibonacci set viewer that demonstrates a list box with infinite data.
A text editor that starts-up instantly by lazily reading files. It is
suitable for editing text files with lines longer than the terminal width.
A directory browser that displays directories in a single tree structure.
It reads directories as required and lets you select multiple files.
A calculator program that shows its work. It splits sub-expressions
into separate columns for easy editing.
Urwid is licensed under the GNU GPL.
Ian Ward <ian#excess,org>
<P><A HREF="http://excess.org/urwid/">urwid 0.8.0</A> - curses-based UI/widget library with fluid interface resizing. (24-Oct-04)
More information about the Python-announce-list