ANN: PyOpenOffice 0.1 released
me.simon at web.de
Mon Sep 13 20:06:22 CEST 2004
Process OpenOffice.org Writer Files and transform them to PDF without
What is PyOpenOffice?
* It is a class library, written in the Python Language.
* It is a platform-independent command-line utility (many abilities
of the commandline interface are still missing)
What can do PyOpenOffice do for you?
* Make serial letters, database reports etc. from templates in the
SXW-Format and store them anew as SXW-Files
* Extract the pure text information from the SXW-Document and store
it in a plain text file or a PDF-File
* Perform simple transformations from SXW-Files to PDF-Files
without installing OO - for example on a webserver
What license has PyOpenOffice?
* It is distributed under the GNU Public License
What software is required?
* Any operating system that supports the following software:
* Python 2.3 (maybe it works form 2.1 upwards, but this is not
recommended) for the SXW-Processing
* The ReportlabToolkit and the Python Imaging Library for the
transformation from SXW to PDF
* OpenOffice.org for viewing and editing the templates
* The PyOpenOffice-Zip-Package
There you also find a "Live"-version to test it without installing.
More information about the Python-announce-list