Chicago Python Users Group, April 14

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Apr 12 03:43:38 CEST 2005

The Chicago Python User Group, ChiPy, will have its next meeting on
Thursday, April 14th, starting at 7pm.  For more information on ChiPy
see http://chipy.org

Michael Tobis, who is organizing this meeting, needs to give the
building a list of names.  If you think it's possible you will come,
send email to tobis at mailbag.com so he can put you on the list, and
bring an ID.

Presentation
------------

Topic: Subversion and Making Apples from Applesauce

The goal of the Subversion project is to build a version control
system that is a compelling replacement for CVS in the open source
community.

Brian Fitzpatrick will tell us about how to use Subversion, the Python
bindings, and about cvs2svn, which he was one of the leads on-- Fitz
says that 'cvs2svn is the most difficult piece of code I've ever
written--I'm going to write a paper for CodeCon next year about it
called "Making Apples from Applesauce." '

There will also be time to chat, and many opportunities to ask
questions.  We encourage people at all levels to attend.

Location
--------

This month we will be meeting again at the historic Monadnock Building
in Downtown Chicago, at 53 W Jackson St. (in the loop at Jackson &
Dearborn).  It is convenient to all CTA lines.  Parking lots are
available nearby, but expect to pay about $9.

About ChiPy