ANN: Urwid 0.8.7
ian at excess.org
Fri Apr 22 07:15:30 CEST 2005
Announcing Urwid 0.8.7
Urwid home page:
This release adds a number of new widget classes as well as feature
enhancements for existing widget classes. It also comes with a new
example program similar to the dialog(1) command.
New in this release:
- New widget classes: Button, RadioButton, CheckBox.
- New layout widget classes: Padding, GridFlow.
- New dialog.py example program that behaves like dialog(1) command.
- Pile widgets now support selectable items, focus changing with up and
down keys and setting the cursor position.
- Frame widgets now support selectable items in the header and footer.
- Columns widgets now support fixed width and relative width columns, a
minimum width for all columns, selectable items within columns containing
flow widgets (already supported for box widgets), focus changing with
left and right keys and setting the cursor position.
- Filler widgets may now wrap box widgets and have more alignment options.
- Updated tour.py example program to show new widget types and features.
- Avoid hogging cpu on gradual window resize and fix for slow resize
with cygwin's broken curses implementation.
- Fixed minor CJK problem and curs_set crash under MacOSX and Cygwin.
- Fixed crash when deleting cells in calc.py example program.
Urwid is a curses-based UI library for Python. It features fluid
interface resizing, CJK support, multiple text layouts, simple
attribute markup, powerful scrolling list boxes, flexible edit boxes
and HTML screen shots.
More information about the Python-announce-list