BayPIGgies: August 11, 7:30pm (Ironport)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 8 17:53:30 CEST 2005

The next meeting of BayPIGgies will be Thurs, August 11 at 7:30pm at
Ironport.

Hasan Diwan will present RRsR, a web-based RSS reader written using
feedparser and python CGI.  This is expected to be a short presentation;
afterward, anyone who was at OSCON is invited to summarize what they
saw/heard.

BayPIGgies meetings alternate between IronPort (San Bruno, California)
and Google (Mountain View, California).  For more information and
directions, see http://www.baypiggies.net/

Before the meeting, we plan to meet at 6pm for dinner.  Discussion of
dinner plans is handled on the BayPIGgies mailing list.  This week will
probably be at Creperie du Monde, six long blocks from IronPort (i.e.,
walking distance).

Advance notice: The September 8 meeting agenda has not been set.  Please
send e-mail to baypiggies at baypiggies.net if you want to suggest an agenda
(or volunteer to give a presentation).  We already have a speaker for
October.

The way to build large Python applications is to componentize and
loosely-couple the hell out of everything.