ANN: ActivePython 2.4.1 for Mac OS X is now available!

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Tue Jun 7 17:06:05 CEST 2005

Today ActiveState is announcing support for Mac OS X.  I'm happy to
announce that ActivePython 2.4.1 for Mac OS X is now available for free
download from:

    http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/ActivePython/

This brings the number of free ActivePython platforms to four -- with
the existing Linux, Solaris and Windows free downloads.

Meanwhile, some of you may be interested to know that we are busily
working on bringing Komodo to Mac OS X. We expect to offer a beta in
August and release later this year.

To keep up-to-date with our Mac OS X progress, betas and announcements,
we invite you to join our new mailing list:
    osx-announce at ActiveState.com
You can join the OS X announce list on the ActiveState Programmer
Network (ASPN):

What is ActivePython?
---------------------

ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary distribution of
Python.  Builds for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows are made freely
available.

ActivePython includes the Python core and core extensions (zlib 1.2.1,
bzip2 1.0.2, bsddb 4.2.52, Tk 8.4.9, and Tix 8.1.4) and is fully
compatible with other Python distributions of the same version.

ActivePython also includes a wealth of Python documentation, including:
- the core Python docs;
- Andrew Kuchling's "What's New in Python" series;
- the Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python;
- Mark Pilgrim's excellent "Dive into Python"; and
- a snapshot of the Python FAQs, HOWTOs and PEPs.

Once installed on the Mac, you can find the ActivePython documentation
here:
    /Library/Documentation/Help/ActivePython 2.4 Help/index.html
An online version of the docs can be found here:
     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/welcome.html

Thanks, and enjoy!

Trent, Python Tech Lead

--