ANN: 4Suite XML 1.0.2
uche at ogbuji.net
Tue Dec 26 20:37:48 CET 2006
4Suite XML 1.0.2 is now available from Sourceforge and ftp.4suite.org.
Thanks to all the testers, there are a number of important fixes and
since 1.0.1, and we recommend upgrade from all previous versions.
* Fixed TypeError when multiple interpreters are used (should help with
* Memory leak fix in Saxlette: freeing any parsing contexts left on the
parser when it is freed.
* Fix bug where extension functions are not properly passed on in context
* Fix build error when Python is configured with `--enable-shared`
* Fix bug with xi:include element's orphaning element state thus causing
an error with xsl:strip-elements.
* Fix error in nodeset comparisons with booleans
4Suite consists of three separate packages:
4Suite XML - XML, XPath, XSLT, related technologies and support libraries
4Suite RDF - RDF processing libraries and stand-alone DBMS
4Suite Repository - XML and RDF repository
This is a release of only the first component.
4Suite XML is a comprehensive library for XML processing. It is
implemented in Python and C and supports XML (SAX-like and DOM-like),
XPath, XSLT, RELAX NG, XUpdate, XInclude, XPointer, and more.
Many users will be able to use easy_install. See the bottom of this
for more information.
Source code, Python eggs, Windows installers, and documentation:
You only need to download one distribution (source, egg, or .exe).
Installation requirements and other details:
You can install without any separate download using:
For more information see:
Otherwise use one of the packages listed above, or one provided by your
Documentation is distributed separately from the source and eggs.
Windows installers come with documentation; no separate download needed.
The 4Suite XML core manual is included in the documentation. It can be
browsed online at
Uche Ogbuji Work: The Kadomo Group, Inc.
http://copia.ogbuji.net Lead dev at http://4Suite.org
More information about the Python-announce-list