[ANN]: IronPython 2.6 Release Candidate 3

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 20 18:54:05 CET 2009

Hello Python Community,

We're pleased to announce the third and hopefully final release candidate of IronPython 2.6 which can be downloaded at http://ironpython.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=36150.  Release Candidate 3 only includes Silverlight-related changes pertaining to some incompatibilities between 2.6 RC1 and RC2.  Those who utilize IronPython for non-Silverlight scenarios will happily find virtually no churn from RC2.  We strongly encourage everyone interested in Silverlight to test out this release ASAP because we plan on releasing IronPython 2.6 final in a week if no major new regressions are detected.

Thanks to everyone in the IronPython Community who reported bugs and provided valuable feedback:  Zachc, yamakox, vernondcole, VAks, tscottw, tonyandrewmeyer, tomwright, TomasMatousek, tkamiya, timers, srivatsn, sopeajw, saveenr, sanxiyn, rridge, ronniemaor, quirogaco, pythonfoo, py_sunil, pm100, pl6306, paulfelix, orestis, olegt, oldman, NDHUMuscle, mycall, mmaly, mmacdonaldssfcu, maplpro, luntain, llaske, lbaker, Lawouach, laurionb, laughingboy, kurhan, kuno, kowenswp, klrohe, kevgu, jmesserly, jlunder, jdhardy, jbevain, jackeyoo, hhonisch, gz, gjones, fwereade, deadalusai, daveremy, CurtHagenlocher, chaghi, cgravill, cartman, bobarnso, atifaziz, ashcor, alvanet, __Helmut__, fuzzyman, fabiofz, Eloff, egonw_, dungen, dsblank, and dmajnemer.

Thank you for your continued support of IronPython.

The IronPython Team