pywinauto 0.3.9 released - (experimental new Sendkeys) and various fixes
Mark Mc Mahon
mark.m.mcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:03:59 CET 2009
The 0.3.9 release of pywinauto is now available.
pywinauto is a set of open-source (LGPL) modules for using Python as a
GUI automation 'driver' for Windows NT based Operating Systems
SourceForge project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywinauto
Download from SourceForge
Here is the list of changes from 0.3.8:
* Major change this release is that Sendkeys is no longer a requirement!
A replacement that supports Unicode is included with pywinauto. (hopefully
soon to be released as a standalone module). Please note - this is still
quite untested so this release should be treated with some care..
* Made sure that default for WindowSpecification.Window_() was to look
for non top level windows. The defaults in find_windows() had been
changed previously and it now needed to be explicitly overridden.
* Fixed a missing reference to 'win32defines' when referencing WAIT_TIMEOUT
another typo of false (changed to False)
* Removed the restriction to only get the active windows for the process,
now it will be possible to get the active windows, even if a process is
it gets the active window for the foreground thread.
* Hopefully improved Delphi TreeView and ListView handling (added window
class names as supported window classes to the appropriate classes).
* Added support for running UI tests with reference controls. (requried
for some localization tests)
* Various PyLint and PEP8 fixes made.
If you want to follow this project then please sign up to the mailing
<P><A HREF="http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywinauto">pywinauto 0.3.9</A>
Simple Windows GUI automation with Python. (27-Nov-09)
More information about the Python-announce-list