Announcing IronPython 2.0.3

David DiCato ddicato at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 23 04:44:45 CEST 2009

Hello Python Community,

I am delighted to announce the release of IronPython 2.0.3. This release is a minor update to IronPython 2.0.2 and the latest in a series of CPython 2.5-compatible releases running on the .NET platform. Again, our priority was to make IronPython 2.0.3 a bugfix release that remains backwards-compatible with IronPython 2.0.2. In particular, we focused on issues the IronPython community brought to our attention through http://www.codeplex.com/. As such, there have been important improvements on the compatibility and stability of IronPython as summarized below.

You can download IronPython 2.0.3 at: http://ironpython.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=30416

Silverlight users: As of IronPython 2.0.2, a new version of Silverlight, namely Silverlight 3, is required to build the "Silverlight Release" and "Silverlight Debug" configurations of IronPython.sln. Please update Silverlight accordingly if you intend to do so.

The following issues were fixed:

*         24224 - UTF-8 encoding sometimes broken!

*         19510 - Need to recognize DefaultMemberAttribute for __getitem__/__setitem__

*         24129 - 2.0.3: not <object-with-__len__-returning-nonzero> should not be 1

*         21976 - 2.0.3: Executables created by Pyc.py broken without access to original Python sources

*         24452 - 2.0: Fix FxCop warnings

*         24453 - 2.0: Cannot build "FxCop" build configuration of IronPython.Modules.csproj

*         24571 - 2.0.3: help(Array[Int32]) causes a traceback

*         24373 - empty sys.argv in compiled scripts for 2.0

*         24475 - Creating a low-permission version of PythonEngine fails post 2.0.0

*         An issue where sys.argv lacks its first argument (the executable name) in compiled scripts

*         A failure in partial trust on Windows 7 due to a SecurityException.

Special thanks goes out to kanryu, fwereade, kuno, kylehr, and Vassi for bringing these issues to our attention. Thanks for spending the time and effort that allows us to continue improving IronPython!

- The IronPython Team