Pyro 4.13 available
Irmen de Jong
irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 16 22:46:46 CEST 2012
Pyro 4.13 has been released!
Get it from Pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pyro4/
The most important changes in this version:
* fixed source-newline problem with sending module sources with flame
* fixed URI and Proxy equality comparisons and hash()
* added contrib directory with for now, an init.d script for the name server
* fixed socked setNoInherit on 64-bits Python on Windows
* setting natport to 0 now replaces it by the internal port number
* a _pyroId attribute problem when running with Cython has been fixed
Pyro = Python Remote Objects. It is a library that enables you to build applications in
which objects can talk to each other over the network, with minimal programming effort.
You can just use normal Python method calls, with almost every possible parameter and
return value type, and Pyro takes care of locating the right object on the right
computer to execute the method. It is designed to be very easy to use, and to generally
stay out of your way. But it also provides a set of powerful features that enables you
to build distributed applications rapidly and effortlessly. Pyro is written in 100% pure
Python and therefore runs on many platforms and Python versions, including Python 3.x.
Irmen de Jong
More information about the Python-announce-list