pytypes 1.0 beta 3 released
Stefan.Richthofer at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 13:02:36 EST 2017
pytypes 1.0 beta 3 has been released.
The most notable new feature is enhanced support for TypeVars.
Besides this it is mainly a bugfix release.
pytypes is a toolbox for PEP-484 style typing, explicitly supporting
Python >= 3.3, Python 2.7, Jython >= 2.7.1, PyPy 3.
Its main features include:
- Runtime typechecking
- Auto-annotating code from runtime observations in form of stubfiles
- Utility functions:
* PEP 484 aware subtype and instance checking: is_of_type(obj, tp) and is_subtype(subtype, supertype)
* get_type_hints that takes stubfiles and type comments into account
- Typesafe method overriding
- Pull type information from stubfiles or type comments into __annotations__ for use by other tools
- support for all versions of typing module
- support for Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, Jython 2.7.1, PyPy
- all features smoothly work with OOP, i.e. methods, static methods, class methods, properties
pytypes is still in beta phase. File issues as the occur. Help is welcome!
License: Apache 2.0
More information about the Python-announce-list