ANN: poliastro 0.11.0 released 🚀

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:59:15 EDT 2018

 Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of poliastro
0.11.0! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and analyze
interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive and easy way,
used in academia and the industry by people from all around the world. You
can install it using pip or conda:

pip install poliastro
conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge

This release brought some new features related to the three body problem,
as well as important changes related to how reference frames are handled in
poliastro. The issue with reference frames is an old one and with this
release we are a step closer to closing it.

You can read the full release notes in the documentation:

http://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.10.0/changelog.html#poliastro-0-10-0-2018-07-21

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre last year:

https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s

Please join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any questions you
might have:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org

Per Python ad astra!

--