NumPy 1.15.2 released
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 08:59:57 EDT 2018
On behalf of the NumPy team, I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy
1.15.2. This is a bug fix release for bugs and regressions reported
following the 1.15.2 release. The fixes are:
- the matrix PendingDeprecationWarning is now suppressed in pytest 3.8,
- the new cached allocations machinery has been fixed to be thread safe,
- the boolean indexing of subclasses now works correctly,
- a small memory leak in PyArray_AdaptFlexibleDType has been fixed.
The Python versions supported by this release are 2.7, 3.4-3.7. The wheels
are linked with OpenBLAS v0.3.0, which should fix some of the linalg
problems reported for NumPy 1.14. Wheels for this release can be downloaded
from PyPI <https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.15.2/>, source archives are
available from Github <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/releases/tag/v1.15.2>
The NumPy 1.15.x OS X wheels released on PyPI no longer contain 32-bit
binaries. That will also be the case in future releases. See
`#11625 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/11625>`__ for the related
discussion. Those needing 32-bit support should look elsewhere or build
A total of 4 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
* Charles Harris
* Julian Taylor
* Marten van Kerkwijk
* Matti Picus
Pull requests merged
A total of 4 pull requests were merged for this release.
* `#11902 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/11902>`__: BUG: Fix matrix
PendingDeprecationWarning suppression for pytest...
* `#11981 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/11981>`__: BUG: fix cached
allocations without the GIL for 1.15.x
* `#11982 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/11982>`__: BUG: fix refcount
leak in PyArray_AdaptFlexibleDType
* `#11992 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/11992>`__: BUG: Ensure
boolean indexing of subclasses sets base correctly.
More information about the Python-announce-list