[Python-authors] upcoming themes in Python Magazine

Kevin Dunn kgdunn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:33:54 CET 2010

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Brandon Craig Rhodes <
> brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
>
> > Intrepid Python authors -
> >
> > Hey!  I'm Brandon, the Editor-in-Chief of Python Magazine.
> >

> <snipped>
>

> > Oh, and in case any of you are subscribers: we almost have the January
> > issue of Python Magazine ready for release!  Because of budgetary
> > problems, the magazine will henceforth be a PDF-only periodical that you
> > download each month from the web site; and, as part of the transition,
> > the web site is in the middle of being re-done by the publisher and is,
> > last I checked, a bare page.  This should be replaced with a real web
> > site in the next few days, and hopefully the appearance of the January
> > issue will demonstrate that the publication is back on its feet.
> >
> > --
> > Brandon Craig Rhodes   brandon at rhodesmill.org
> > http://rhodesmill.org/brandon
>

> Well, I'm glad there's some word out there about what's going on. Maybe you
> can tell us what happened to the November, December and January issues? I
> got my October issue in December. Are the subscribers who bought the
> Print+PDF version getting refunded the difference or do they get an extra
> issue or two?
>
> +1

I personally would prefer to pay a few dollars extra each month and get a
print edition as well.  I read my magazine in the train/coffee shop and make
notes on it.  Come back to them later, add more notes, etc.  Sure, that's
last century behaviour, but was there some interaction with subscribers to
see what they preferred?

Great magazine, and I really appreciate the effort that goes into it.
Kevin