[python-committers] Deprecation Policy PEP

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:12:50 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2016, at 06:11 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
>>+1 from me as well, especially once Serhiy's comments are addressed.
>
> Me too, but only if you add a PendingDeprecationWarning to
> PendingDeprecationWarning <wink>.

The original plan actually was:
"""
We could also introduce a MetaDeprecationWarning and make
PendingDeprecationWarning inherit from it so that it can be used to
pending-deprecate itself.  Once PendingDeprecationWarning is gone, the
MetaDeprecationWarning will become useless and can then be used to
meta-deprecate itself.
"""