[python-committers] Should I merge a PR that I approved if it was written by a different core developer?

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:15:52 EDT 2017

середа, 20 вересня 2017 р. 23:27:49 EEST Victor Stinner написано:
> My question is: is someone opposed that a core developer clicks on the
> [Merge] button for a PR proposed by a different core developer?

I'm opposed. The author can be more acquainted with the writing code than
reviewers. The author sees it in wider context and knows its history. I
continue to think about my patches even after creating a PR and several times
rethinked it after approving by other core developers, that lead to rewriting
or even rejecting a PR.

In additional, I think there is less probability that the author forgot to
edit the commit message before clicking on the [Merge] button. ;-)